Visit Author, PC Cast on~line
- *Can we expect the same mix of ancient and modern mythology that have become such an integral part of your other novels?
Yes, sort of. In THE AVENGER my modern heroine travels back to 60 AD Briton and Boudicca’s time. I very loosely follow historical events, with a touch of magic and mysticism.
- *Would you call yourself a student of ancient history and myth? Do you enjoy the research necessary to keep the characters “honest?”
I would call myself a fan of mythology. I am intrigued by certain periods of history, and I do enjoy researching, but I would by no means call myself a historian. I think history translates more easily onto the page through mythology, and much can be learned about a people through the myths they tell. For instance, what you learn about me through the myths I create is that I believe in empowering and valuing women.
- *The Avengers is hotly anticipated – many writers have said this type of anticipation makes them very nervous – fear of not measuring up to the “hype” – how do you feel?
I’m used to being a bestseller and have found that it works for me not to pay attention to hype or critics. Every time I write a book I set out to tell the story I’d most want to read. I believe in doing my best each time and letting the cards fall where they may…
- *The series centers around strong, female lead characters that return to ancient periods to retrieve pieces of a medallion that could alter history – how did you come to select Briton?
I was approached to write one of the Time Raiders novels for Nocturne because I am a military veteran (all of the authors of the TR series are vets). I was interested because the idea of vets writing with military heroines sounded fun, and then when I saw that Boudicca was one of the choices proposed for time travel I was intrigued as I had been researching her because I decided her daughters would begin the House of Night Dark Daughters. So I happily signed on!
- *Do you find it easier to write as part of a team or solo?
Actually, I don’t really co-author with Kristin. She serves as my teen voice editor. I do all the writing, and when I’ve finished she goes through the manuscripts and comments on voice and pop references
- *If you had a chance to work with any writer (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Ray Bradbury! He’s a genius and I’d love to observe his writing process.
- *What’s the best advice you have ever been given by another writer?
Just sit down and write the damn book.
- *Here’s the: “on a deserted island question” – If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have 3 books to read for the rest of your life, what three books would you select?
Well, first of all, three wouldn’t be enough so I’d have to write lots of my own. But let’s pretend like a series counts as one book, so I’d choose:
1) Diana Gabaldon’s OUTLANDER books,
2) All of Christopher Moore’s books,
3) Tanith Lee’s THE SILVER METAL LOVER
- *Can you give us a hint about what is next for PC Cast?
Beginning in December my Goddess Summoning Series will be released in the UK, starting with GODDESS OF CAMELOT. I love this books and hope my UK fans will enjoy them, too! I’m working on pre-production for a film adaptation of one of my Goddess Summoning Books, GODDESS OF THE ROSE, which is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
Thank you, for stopping by The Den and sharing a few minutes with us – Can’t wait to dive into “The Avengers!”
Visit PC Cast Online
Visit UK Publisher - Mills & Boon
“You are about to enter a place of power, a place beyond imagining.”
Alex thought communicating with the dead was the worst of her troubles. She couldn’t have been more wrong!
She’s just been sent to 60 AD by a secret army unit to recover missing pieces of a medallion that could change the world.
Alex must use her gifts to entice Druid Caradoc into helping her. Yet soon she’s torn between duty and the man who’s been haunting her dreams. Returning to the present is the noble thing to do, but her heart tells her to stay in this enticing new world of goddesses and warriors.
Only they can cross the boundaries of time; only they have the power to save humanity.
Celebrating 50 Years of Literary Excellence - To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee – pick up your copy today!